Skip to main content

American Red Cross: Santa Barbara




       A day trip to Santa Barbara's Red Cross made me realize and understand the involvement of Red Cross members and volunteers.
         
         Jessica Piffero is the head communications leader of Red Cross for the Central Valley. She explained to me the joy of being a part of Red Cross and giving back. By volunteering for the Red Cross, you can simply meet other people, understand non-profits better, and realize more ways to give back to your community.

        We had a great opportunity to interview Maureen White, a volunteer during World War II. Maureen gave us some insight from her volunteer experience. Since it is Red Cross's 100th anniversary, it is special to me that I got to be a part of commemorating the service by creating a video that exemplifies Red Cross's goal.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asian World Film Festival 2017

Asian World Film Festival  will be held this year from October 30th through November 7th. AWFF's goal is to bring Asian World cinema to Los Angeles.  By recognizing diversity, AWFF already casts something special that is bound to affect the diversity struggle in Hollywood.  AWFFs Jury includes, Heather Rae (Jury President), Iram Parveen Bilal, DCAT, Uli Edel, Hakeem Kae-Kizam, Amin Matalqa, David Seidler, Maria Shantanova, Carlo Siliotto, and Ying Ye.  "The Asian World Film Festival (AWFF) brings the best of a broad selection of Asian World cinema to Los Angeles in order to draw greater recognition to the region's wealth of filmmakers, strengthening ties between the Asian and Hollywood film industries. Uniting through cross-cultural collaboration, our festival champions films from 50 countries across Asia spanning from Turkey to Japan and Russia to India. All films that participate in the Festival will have a unique chance to be guided th...

Philosophy, Astronomy, and Dance

           Heaven's Gift and Gallery: a home for philosophers, artists, astronomers, and psychedelic dancers. When I first walked into the store, I took my time looking at all the lights and all the art. He told me a story about how he used to live in London and how his dreams were much like mine. By first meeting him, I had already sensed his interest in art and space. He sells art and lights that make you wonder and think about things you do, rather than do things without thinking. The lights are trippy, the store is trippy. When I first walked in, I had to look at every individual item one at a time. Once in awhile, he would walk by me and tell me more about what I was looking at which I enjoyed. Here is a video I made. https://youtu.be/pCc8MMF8IsE *Down below, I linked an article by Ron Camacho, further engaging in Amir Sade's story for Heaven's.  Heavens: understanding the universe through art Posted by:  Ron...